Once you have chosen your software package, there are a few simple steps that can be taken to help ensure a successful tax season:
- Download your software: The link to download can either be found in the email that was sent to you or in your customer portal at MyUltimateTax.com. We have simplified the downloading process and believe that following the steps laid out in the following article can be completed by most customers: Downloading UltimateTax
- Registration Codes: Once the program is downloaded, you will need your EFIN and Registration Code. Your registration code can be found within your customer portal at MyUltimateTax.com. If you have not accessed your software yet this season, you will need to complete a short compliance test before accessing the software.
- Solution Center: Many questions can be answered by searching our Solution Center. Articles are added and updated regularly. Checking the solution center may save you time.
- Workstations and Networking: If you plan to work on multiple workstations, it is important to remember that UltimateTax does not support transmitting from multiple non-networked computers, as it can create errors within the software. If you will be working on multiple computers within the same physical location, our support team may be able to set up a basic network for you. To complete this process, you must contact our support center to schedule an appointment with a senior tech. If you are planning to work on multiple computers from various locations or on a laptop and be mobile, we recommend the online software and would advise that you contact our sales department at 866.686.7211 to discuss the best option for you. There may be a fee associated with changing software if you have accessed the software or processed any returns.
- Contacting Support: Call times may be longer than normal throughout the busiest week of the year. Any questions or issues that are not urgent or impede your office from functioning may be best submitted via email to Support@UltimateTax.com. Emails will be answered throughout the day.
- Current Years: Please note that during the peak tax season, our support center is only available to offer support on current e-filable years. Any requests for assistance with prior years will be documented and followed up after the peak season has ended.
- Resetting Admin Passwords: If the ADMIN user's password is locked, you may receive an error stating to contact your administrator. In this instance, YOU are the administrator. ADMIN passwords can easily be reset by following the steps listed in this article: Resetting the Admin Password
- Resetting User Passwords: If a user account becomes locked, the ADMIN account can easily unlock the account and/or reset the password by following the steps listed in the following article: Unlocking User Accounts
- Backing up returns: It is important to note that our office does not keep a copy of your returns. In case of a computer crash or other technical issues, our office can provide a return retrieval for only current e-filable years. There is a $99 fee per year, per instance. This fee must be paid before our team collects the information. To prevent incurring the extra expense, we recommend backing up all return information regularly by following the steps in this article from our solution center: Backing up your data
By following these steps, you will be off to a successful start to the season.
Thank you for choosing UltimateTax, and we look forward to working with you!