The Client Diary is a convenient method for recording pertinent information that would not otherwise appear in the taxpayer’s return. Each return is assigned a page in the Client Diary. You can add as many notes as you like to each return.
You can add a note to a Client Diary in two ways:
- Click the Diary tab on the Query Results dialog box, or
- While the return is open, click the Tools menu and Client Diary.
Enter a Note from Query Results
To enter a note from the Query Results dialog box, use the following steps:
- Click the Diary tab.
- Click Add Note. UltimateTax automatically inserts the date, day, time, and user name.
- Type your note.
- Click Save Note.
Note: To save the note, you must click the Save Note button before closing the Query Results dialog box.
Enter a Note from within a Tax Return
To enter a note from within a tax return, use the following steps:
- Click the Tools menu and click Client Diary.
UltimateTax displays the Client Diary window:
- Click the New Entry button to add a note. UltimateTax automatically enters the date, time, and user name in the text box.
- Type your note following the user name.
- Click the Save Notes button to save the note.
- To close the Client Diary, click the Exit button.
Note: UltimateTax places new notes at the top of the text box.