With the UltimateTax desktop software, the software has capabilities of auto-filling/populating fields based off of what has previously been entered, and what is currently being entered into the field. This is the same concept you might find in your web browser after maybe entering your address in for an order a couple times, then the browser shows it available to auto populate to save some time.
While some might find this option a great time saver, others may want to disable it as maybe they find it as a distraction, or potentially a privacy issue based on how they use the software with their client. To change the options regarding auto-filling, please see the steps below.
- While signed in as the Admin account, head to the Tools menu at the top of the program.
- In the drop down menu, select Utilities/Setup Assistant.
- When the Utility window shows, click Setup, then Setup Assistant.
- Once the Setup Assistant window opens, navigate to General Options on the left in the green bar.
When you make it to the General Options section, there are three check-boxes that can either be checked or unchecked based on if you would like to turn the option on or off.
- Enable auto-complete for entries with history lists
- Display user defined and auto-populated history lists
- Automatically show history lists
These can be turned on or off based on preference. If you would like to disable them all, simply take the checks out of each of the three boxes.