With the UltimateTax desktop software, the software has the capability of auto-filling/populating fields based on what has been entered and is currently entered into the field. This is the same concept you might find in your web browser after maybe entering your address in for an order a couple of times, then the browser shows it available to auto-populate to save some time.
While some might find this option a great time saver, others may want to disable it as maybe they find it a distraction or potentially a privacy issue based on how they use the software with their client. To change the options regarding auto-filling, please see the steps below.
- While signing in as the Admin account, head to the Tools menu at the program's top.
- In the drop-down menu, select Utilities/Setup Assistant.
- When the Utility window shows, click Setup, then Setup Assistant.
- Once the Setup Assistant window opens, navigate to General Options on the left in the green bar.
When you make it to the General Options section, three checkboxes can either be checked or unchecked based on if you would like to turn the option on or off.
- Enable auto-complete for entries with history lists
- Display user-defined and auto-populated history lists
- Automatically show history lists
These can be turned on or off based on preference. If you want to disable them, simply take the checks out of the three boxes.