Please see the specifications listed below for the requirements of the UltimateTax Desktop software.
|System configurations for UltimateTax Desktop|
|Operating System (OS)||Windows 8.1 (w/ all service packs installed)||Windows 8.1/10 (w/ all service packs installed)||Windows 10 (w/ all service packs installed)|
|Processor (CPU)||2.8GHz processor||2.8 GHz processor||Intel Core i5 or AMD Equivalent processor|
|Disk Space||1.5GB||3GB||3GB+ on Solid State Drive|
|Printer||Inkjet with PCL||Laser with PCL||Laser with PCL|
What’s the difference in “Minimum”, “Recommended” and “Optimal” configurations?
• Minimum: UltimateTax will install and run correctly in this minimal configuration, but performance may not be suitable for some users.
• Recommended: Enhances performance and application response times to meet the needs of most
• Optimal: Recommended for optimum performance, especially for users who prepare complex
returns or large numbers of returns.
Operating System Notes
- Microsoft Windows 7 operating systems are no longer supported due to Microsoft ending extended support in January of 2020 (no security updates shipped after this time)
- Due to limitations of the OS, Windows Education and Windows S variations are not supported.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 and Internet Explorer 11 are required.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, MacOS and Linux are not supported.
This applies to all version of the UltimateTax desktop software.