Caution: Returns restored from backup disks overwrite returns with the same name on your hard drive. Any changes made to a return since the last backup will be lost when you restore an
older copy from your backup device.
To restore backed-up returns:
- On the Tools menu, select Restore from Disk.
- Select the drive and directory of the backup file, and then click OK.
- Select the user names that contain the backed-up returns. You must highlight the name of each user you want to select. (To select multiple users, hold down CTRL, and then click each file name. To select all users, click Select All.
- When you have selected the desired users, press ENTER or click OK.
- Select the returns to restore. You must highlight and select each return you want to restore. To select multiple returns, hold down CTRL and click each file name. To select all returns, click Select All.
- When you have selected the desired returns, press ENTER or click OK.
- UltimateTax displays a different window for each user name for which returns were backed up.
Once the Restore process is complete, UltimateTax displays a Restore Summary. This summary shows how many returns were restored to each user name and the number of versions, e-files, and RTs.
This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax software.