The session timeout for UltimateTax Desktop and UltimateTax Online can not be adjusted. This is due to stricter IRS requirements to protect sensitive taxpayer data:
In 2016, the IRS Security Summit imposed stricter requirements for handling sensitive taxpayer data.
- As members of the Summit, we have upgraded our products to meet the recommendations and best practices set forth by the Summit in IRS Publication 4557, Safeguarding Taxpayer Data, including:
- All users must establish a password associated with their user name.
- User passwords will expire after 90 days.
- Users are required to reenter their password after being logged into UltimateTax Desktop or UltimateTax Online for 24 hours regardless of activity.
- Users are required to reenter their password after 30 minutes of inactivity in UltimateTax.