"Application failed to open because side by side configuration is incorrect" in UltimateTax.
If you receive this error it indicates that the program executable file (.exe) needs to be replaced.
Resolve this error by following the steps below:
- Open the drive where UltimateTax is installed.
- Open the UTS(YY) folder (where YY is the tax year)
- Right click on the TWW.exe file and choose Delete. (if the .exe will not delete, reboot the system.)
- Open the Updates folder. (i.e. C:\UTS(YY)\Updates)
- Double-click and run Setup.exe.
This will populate a new TWW.exe file.