If you receive EFC Reject 38 you have sent the return before your software was updated.
To correct this issue:
- After logging into the program, go to Communications
- Select Get Program Updates
- The update will download, when finished you will need to close the program and reopen (you do not need to restart your computer) a dialogue box will appear saying TaxWise has been updated to version _ _._ _
- Log back into program and go to Tools
- Select Get Module Updates
- Run the updates, if you are up to date on modules the message will read No mail to toss
- Recreate the E-file (run diagnostics and hit E-file button)
- Resend return
If you continue to get the same EFC reject code after this process, contact customer support directly to assist further.
This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax software that can be E-filed.