This is related to the Payroll Compliance Reporting and W-2/1099 Software.
- For a 2016 4th quarter Form 941, open the 2016 W2/1099-Payroll Compliance software.
- Select the Rollover
- Mark the checkbox to the left of the return you want to roll over.
- Click the Rollover button on the main toolbar.
- Click the Return Manager button on the Rollover confirmation message.
- Open the rolled Form 941 return.
- Select the Data tab of Form 941.
- Verify the dates in the "For the period ending" fields.
- To e-file, your Form 941, click the Add Forms button to add the 940/941 EF info form to the return.
- When the return is complete, click the Check Return button on the main toolbar.
- Correct any errors that display in the Check Return window.
- When ready to e-file, click the E-file button on the main toolbar.
- In the Create E-file window, mark the Fed 941checkbox and click Create.
- Click OK on the E-file creation confirmation message.
- Close the return by selecting Returns > Close Return.
- Select the E-file Manager
- Mark the checkbox for the Form 941 e-file you want to transmit.
- Click the Transmit button on the main toolbar.
- Click Close when the transmission is complete.
You have now rolled over, completed, and transmitted your 4th quarter Form 941 return.
NOTE: As of 2022, Payroll Software is no longer available.