Virtualization means using a simulated computer running Windows within another operating system or within another Windows operating system. We do not support running UltimateTax software on virtualized Windows machines.
We do not support any UltimateTax desktop product that is installed on any of the following operating systems or network types:
- Wireless networks
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN) or any other type of remote access system
- Wide-Area Network (WAN)
- Windows Terminal Server or other systems running Terminal services
- Citrix Systems
- Virtual Networks/Servers
- Virtual Machines
- Macintosh OS X
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista. (Microsoft will also be stopping Windows 7 support in January 2020)
- Any other non-Windows based operating system
- Any cloud-based environments (for example Amazon™ AWS hosted)
- Domain environments are not recommended and if an issue is determined to be related to the domain configuration itself, Technical Support cannot resolve such an issue.
- We do not support any of our products on Windows Server Operating Systems when used as a workstation. You can use a Windows Server Operating System as the file server.