This can occur when UltimateTax is installed on a workstation without using a mapped network drive, such as My Network Places.
To correct this problem, you must map a network drive, and then uninstall and reinstall UltimateTax using the following steps.
To uninstall and reinstall UltimateTax
- Uninstall the UltimateTax workstation installation using Add/Remove Programs option on the Windows Control Panel
- Map a network drive to the location where UltimateTax is installed on the server. If you encounter any difficulties or concerns, consult a qualified network administrator.
- Right-click the Start button, and then click Explore.
- Navigate to the mapped network drive.
- Navigate to the UTSxx\TWTech folder (where xx corresponds to the tax year of your program), and then double-click the Setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the workstation setup.
An UltimateTax icon should now appear on your desktop.
If this does not correct the problem, contact Customer Service at 563-387-8900 and mention this document.
This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax software.