Interest and dividend statements are already loaded in the master template.
You have two options:
Make a new template based on the Master Template, and then enter site specific information.
Edit your existing template. When you link to the interest or dividend statement, you need to take an action on the statement, such as making the first entry required by pressing CTRL+SPACEBAR.
Below is an excerpt from the UltimateTax Online Return Templates lesson hosted on the Practice Lab:
When the Return Templates displays you will see a Master Template. This template is based on the IRS Publication 3189 Guide Lines and can be used as the base for your site specific templates. The Master Template is the default template and cannot be deleted or changed. To add site specific information such as EFIN and ERO Information, you can create a new template based on the Master Template.
To create a new template based on the Master Template
- The Add Return Template screen displays: Enter a name and a description for the template.
- Select the check box Make Default, to make this template available for all users.By selecting the Make Default Option the template will be utilized by all users without having to assign the template to each user. All new users added for your site will automatically utilize the default template.
- The new return template will be based on: Selected the Master Template; which will carry all of the pre-set Publication 3189 Guide Lines to the new template, allowing changes to be made.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the icon in the edit column next to the template you created.
- There are two ways to add additional forms to load with each new return. You can either select the Forms List icon on the toolbar or select the Add button located in the Loaded Forms section.
- Type in the name of the form you are looking for in the Add a Form dialog box. Once you locate the form, select the Add link.
You will need to either make an entry required or make a selection on the form to keep it loaded.
This information applies to all UltimateTax Online software.