What is the form used for? :
Use this schedule to report:
- The overall capital gains and losses from transactions reported on Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets.
- Certain transactions the partnership doesn't have to report on Form 8949.
- Capital gains from installment sales from Form 6252, Installment Sale Income.
- Capital gains and losses from like-kind exchanges from Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges (and section 1043 conflict-of-interest sales).
- Partnership's share of net capital gains and losses, including specially allocated capital gains and losses, from partnerships, estates, and trusts.
- Capital gain distributions.
Is the form Supported in our program? Yes
How to access the form: To access the form you will need to open a 1065 return on the desktop and then go to Add Form/Display then in the look for box type Sch D.
Limits to the form: The business variant of this form can only be accessed from the desktop software. This form cannot be copied.
IRS Publication: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-schedule-d-form-1065