1. If you Carry Forward this return from last year, you may encounter issues. We suggest creating a brand new return in the UltimateTax 2019 program.
2. Enter only the following data:
- Filer and/or Spouse name, address, SSN, ID information, IP Pin (if applicable), Taxpayer PIN.
- Individual or Married Filing Joint status
- If the Filer or Spouse is dependent of another taxpayer, enter this as you normally would.
- ERO &/or Preparer Information as normal.
- 3rd Party Designee information as normal.
- Dependent name, SSN/ATIN, relationship, DOB, Number of months in home, IP Pin (if applicable). Note: you will be asked to mark any dependent with an ITIN as Code of 0 to omit them from the submission. Note: CTC and ODC boxes in the Dependents area will NOT be printed, per IRS directions for EIP returns.
- Enter $1 on 1040 line 2b (Taxable Interest)
- Direct Deposit information, if available.
3. DO NOT enter:
- Filer or Spouse D.O.B, or mark the Filer or Spouse Blind boxes
- ANY other forms (like W2’s, Sch A, B, C, K1, 1099 etc) or any other income, adjustments, credits or payments. Including other forms disqualifies this submission from the “Zero Income EIP Payment” process and all normal return diagnostics must be passed. In other words, this mechanism is only intended for filers without a normal filing requirement who are creating an efile to update address or direct deposit information.
- Do not include state forms. We cannot guarantee states will treat this abbreviated federal return as valid for state filing purposes.
- For MFJ returns, if one of Filer or Spouse is military and the other has an ITIN, the FILER entered must have an SSN; ITINs are not allowed in the Filer SSN field.
- To confirm this submission will be treated with IRS special instructions for EIP payment, check for the “COVID-19 EIP” literal is printed at the top of page 1 of the 1040.
- If you have already created a return and added forms such as 8867, Sch EIC, etc., you should discard these forms & schedules.
- Direct Deposit information is not required, but will expedite the EIP payment being deposited directly to the taxpayer’s account. Otherwise a paper check will be printed and mailed to the taxpayer’s home address.