There are two ways to print checks with UltimateTax; through the UltimateTax software or through a portal called Online Check Printing (OCP). If you receive this error when using the UltimateTax software to print checks, verify you are not signed up to print checks with OCP. You can contact UltimateTax at 866-686-7211 for more information.
If you are signed up for Online Check Printing and you are trying to print a check within the UltimateTax software, make sure you use the Online Check Printing website to print the checks: https://ocp.cchsfs.com/
If you are using the UltimateTax software to print checks, the UltimateTax installation will need to be reinstalled to resolve this error.
- Close UltimateTax (including workstations if on a network).
- Navigate to the drive UltimateTax is installed to.
- Rename the UTSYY folder to UTSYYold (where YY is the UltimateTax program year).
- Go to the Windows Start menu, and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Locate UltimateTax 20YY on the ? drive (where ? is the drive UltimateTax is installed to) and uninstall UltimateTax 20YY.
- Once uninstalled, close all windows and navigate back to the drive UltimateTax is installed to.
- Rename UTSYYold back to UTSYY.
- Open the UTSYY folder then the TWTech folder.
- Run the setup.exe file and follow the steps until finished.
This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax Desktop software.
Tips for Successful Check Printing
Aligning Checks - VIDEO INCLUDED