Use the Export feature to save one or more returns to a flash drive, hard disk drive or other storage media, or to transfer your returns from one computer to another.
The Export feature does not save critical information, such as e-filing status. It is not suitable for permanently archiving return files. You can export a return from Return Manager or from an open return. If you use Return Manager, you can export and import more than one return at a time.
To export an open return
- Open a return.
- On the Returns menu, click Export Return.
- In the Export Return window, navigate to the location where you want to store the exported return.
- Change the file name of the return, if desired.
- Click Save.
To export multiple returns
- In Return Manager, mark*Marking_Records one or more returns to be exported.
- On the Returns menu, click Export Marked Returns.
- Select the destination drive and folder, and then click OK.
The file names of exported returns will resemble JohnandJaneDoe.atx, for example.