Starting in UltimateDR 16, you can schedule Automatic Backups that have more functionality than in years past. With automatic backups, you do not have to remember to back up your files manually. You can set or change backup settings whenever you want. This option can be accessed from the main page of UltimateDR, under Tools> File Maintenance> Backup.
The automatic backup program will only run on the machine that enabled it when that computer is turned on with a user logged in.
Turning on and configuring Automatic backups:
To turn on automatic backups, mark the Enable checkbox, the default time and location of the backup will display. If you would like to alter any of the time or location, click Configure Automatic Backups.
The Automatic Backup Settings section of the screen allows you to set a daily scheduled time for backups, follow the steps below:
- Check the Enable Automatic Backup button.
- Select a time and location for the backup.
- If you want to include your UltimateDRDocuments files, select Include DDM.
- If there are non-Drake/UltimateDR Tax files you want to add to the backup, click the top Add button related to Custom Files, or click the second Add button related to Custom Folders to include sub-folders and files for the select folder(s) to the backup.
- Click Save.
To Suspend (turn off) Automatic Updates:
- Go to Tools > File Maintenance > Backup.
- Un-select Automatic Backup-Full by clearing the check mark from the Enabled check box.
- Click the Save button to save your changes and exit the backup dialog.
- Close out of the Backup and Restore window.