The final step for preparing every Return is Printing all of the necessary copies of the Return. (This step may have already been completed as part of the Verification process.) If a paper Return has been created, it can be printed at this time. There are other options available for printing separate parts of the Return.
To print all of the necessary copies and accompanying paperwork of the Return:
1. While in the return file and after it has been verified successfully, click the Print button from the Toolbar.
2. If there are additional Verify Errors in the Return, the Return Errors and Rejects screen will appear. If you still want to Print the Return, and you have allowed Printing with Errors in Setup, click NEXT. The Print Final Return window will open. If you have not allowed Printing with Errors in Setup, the Verify Errors must be corrected before Printing can occur.
3. If there are no Verify Errors in the Return,
a. If you have chosen PRINT IMMEDIATE in Print Options in the Printer Setup, the Print Final Return window will open.
b. If you have chosen BATCH PRINTING in Print Options in the Printer Setup, the Return will be queued for Batch Printing in the WIP.
c. If you have chosen TRANSFER in Print Options in the Printer Setup, the Return will be queued for Transfer in the WIP and will not Print. This Return can be printed later from the Transmitting computer.
4. Once you reach the Print Final Return window, choose the Printer you want to use next to NAME from the dropdown list. The default printer created during Setup for printing Returns will automatically appear.
5. There are several choices available at this point, some of which can be combined with each other (Example: Print Preview and then Print), as follows:
a. Click PRINT to Print the Return, or
b. Click SIGNDOC to enter an electronic signature from a Signature Pad on the document, or
c. Click the EMAIL DOC checkbox first, and then click SIGNDOC to enter an electronic signature from a Signature Pad on the document and email a signed/encrypted copy of the tax return to the Taxpayer.
d. Click REMOTE SIGN to generate a link that will be sent to the Taxpayer or Spouse requesting their signature. To use this function a Signature Pad must have been used to previously capture the Paid Preparer Signature during the database setup, see page 56.
e. Click QUEUE to queue the Return for Printing in the WIP, or
f. Click FILTER to choose only certain pages of the return to print or archive, or
g. Click PDF to create a PDF of the Return, or
h. Check the ENCRYPT PDF box to encrypt the PDF so that it may be safely emailed to the client, or
i. Click PREVIEW to preview how the Return will look when Printed, or click CLOSE to close the Print Final Return window.
6. Every item chosen in RETURN PRINTING during Printer Setup will Print.