To Add Forms to the Return and complete them:
- Click the Add form button from the Toolbar. The All Forms and Schedules window will open. Alternatively, open the Scan Barcode Forms window by double clicking on this selection under the General Attached Forms. While this window is open, scan the barcode of the documents and they will appear on the list.
- If the ADD FORM button is used, select the form you would like to add by scrolling down to the Form or by entering the SCHEDULE/FORM NUMBER in the box at the bottom and pressing Enter on the keyboard to automatically add the Form or by pressing Tab from the keyboard to highlight the Form. You can also double-click on a form in the list to add it to the return file. Enter all external source forms first, such as W-2s and 1099s. The W-2 Form is highlighted by DEFAULT.
The forms are organized as follows:
- The first tab, FEDERAL, shows the forms in order by Form Letter and Number.
- The second tab, INDEX, shows the Forms in order by description and field in alphabetical order. This option allows you to find a Form by the description of the field even if you do not know which Form to use.
- The third tab, PROFORMA, shows the Forms for storing prior year data and Forms for data entry.
- The fourth tab, STATE, shows forms used to prepare State Returns.
- The fifth tab, DEPRECIATION, shows forms used to calculate Depreciation. Additional Forms will become available in this list as Business Activity Forms are added to the Return.