From the Opening Screen, click on SETUP in the Menu Bar, drag the arrow down to RESTRICTED FORMS SETUP, and click once. The RESTRICTED FORMS SETUP window will open.
This function allows you to restrict certain forms from being added to tax returns or restrict the editing of certain forms.
- Select either FEDERAL OR A SPECIFIC STATE from the dropdown list to restrict the addition or editing of a certain form.
- Check the box under RESTRICT ADD next to any forms you do not want to have added to any tax returns.
- Check the box under RESTRICT EDIT next to any forms you do not want to have edited in any tax returns. Click Save to save the Questionnaire or Close to save the window.
- Click SAVE to save the new restricted settings or CLOSE to save the window.
This function also allows you to restrict certain fields from being used, and the Restricted Field will appear in the Restricted Fields list.
- Open the form in any Return and right click on the field to be restricted.
- Select LOCK FIELD. This Field will not appear in the Restricted Fields list and can no longer be used.
- Use the same process to unlock the field.