- Ensure that the computer is connected to the Internet. Preferably do this by opening a web page the computer has never been to before.
- Go to the Setup > ERO screen
- Verify the correct EFIN is entered in the EFIN field. The EFIN also must match the EFIN registered to your account at UltimateTax. If you were issued a temporary EFIN by UltimateTax when you purchased the software, it was registered on the Drake servers. If you are now transmitting with your IRS EFIN and have not notified UltimateTax of the change, the temporary EFIN is still being used by the Drake servers to try to authenticate your connection.
- Verify the correct Account Number is entered in the Account Number field.
- Remove the password that has been entered in Setup > ERO & Account Information. Re-enter the case-sensitive password. In UltimateDR 15 and prior, your login password is entered. Starting in UltimateDR 16, the new e-File password must be entered. The e-File Password may be retrieved by going to UltimateTax Customer Portal > Software Info > Go to My Tax Software.