From the Opening Screen, click on SETUP in the Menu Bar, drag the arrow down to QUESTIONNAIRE SETUP, and click once. The QUESTIONNAIRE SETUP window will open.
A Questionnaire is automatically added to each Return file, and the lines in the Questionnaire appear in the order as they do in the Setup. As questions are answered, forms are automatically added to the Return file based on the answers to the questions. This function allows customization of the Questionnaire so that additional questions can be added to the standard Questionnaire. Select New Questionnaire under Login Preferences to use this function.
To add a new line in the Questionnaire:
1. Click the ADD button to add a new line item to the Questionnaire. The Questionnaire Item window will open.
2. Next to ROW TYPE, select the type of line from the dropdown list as follows:
a. QUESTION – To create a question for the Questionnaire.
b. QUESTION WITH NOTEBOX – To create a question for the Questionnaire with a box where notes can also be entered.
c. FORM HEADER – To create a header for a Form.
d. SECTION HEADER – To create a header for a Section.
e. EMPTY ROW – To enter an empty row in the Questionnaire.
3. Next to ATTACH FORM, select the form that should be added to the Return file if the question is answered in the affirmative.
4. Next to QUESTION, enter the question as it should appear in the Questionnaire.
5. Click OK to save the new Questionnaire Item.
6. Click SAVE to save the Questionnaire or CLOSE to close the window.
To move a line in the Questionnaire:
1. Click on the line that needs to be moved up or down, and it will become highlighted.
2. Click the MOVEUP button to move the line upwards.
3. Click the MOVEDOWN button to move the line downwards.
4. Click OK to save the new Questionnaire Item.
To delete a line in the Questionnaire:
1. Click on the line that needs to be deleted, and it will become highlighted.
2. Click the DELETE button to delete the line.
To save a new version of the Questionnaire:
1. Click the SAVE AS button. A new Questionnaire Setup window will open.
2. Enter the name of the new Questionnaire. The Questionnaire will now be saved under the new name assigned.
3. Click SAVE to save the Questionnaire or CLOSE to save the window.