The following directions instruct how to install the software after the configuration above has been determined and the Installation Wizard has opened:
1. Start the program installation and the Welcome screen will open.
2. Click Next to continue the 2017 program installation.
3. The End User License Agreement (EULA) appears. Select the radio button I Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next to continue.
4. Choose the location of where the program will be installed. By default, the program is installed in the following destination C:\Xlink17 folder. A different location may need to be selected depending on the configuration used, as described in the previous section. A different location can be selected by clicking the Change button. After the location is selected click Next to continue.
5. Click Install to install the program to the destination location that was previously selected. If changes need to be made to Installation Settings, click the Back button.
6. The program begins to install and the progress bar begins to move. When the installation is complete, the last install screen will appear automatically. The selection “I would like to launch 1040 Software” will be automatically checked. Click Finish to continue to the Setup Screens.
The following directions instruct how to setup the software:
1. Under Prior Year Information, if the program was used the previous year,
a. The Path will be detected and already entered. If
this Path is incorrect, click the [...] button and locate the correct Path. If the program was not used in the previous year, this section should be left blank.
b. Enter the Prior Year Login and Password used to access the program the previous year, if applicable.
2. Enter the User ID and Password, which are provided by the Sales Representative. Click Next to continue.
3. Under Office Information,
a. If the program was used in the previous year or if this is a managed site, the information on this screen will already be completed.
b. If the information is not already completed, enter the required information in all fields that are denoted with an asterisk (*), then click Next to continue.
4. Under Administrator Password, enter the Admin Password that will be used for the Administrator account. Enter the Admin Password a second time to confirm the password. This password will be used to login to the program.
5. Under Enhanced Encryption, enter a unique Enhanced Encryption Password to enhance the security of the program. This step is not required. Enter the Enhanced Encryption Password a second time to confirm the password. This is not a requirement. Click Next to continue.
6. Select Transmit, Transfer, or Feeder from the dropdown list to designate how this program will communicate with Central Site.
7. Select the options to transfer data as a prior year user of the program, as follows:
a. Prior year Setup
b. Prior year Billing Information
c. Prior year Database
d. Prior year Login Accounts
e. Prior year Appointments
8. Click Next to continue.
9. The following screen will open if any of the prior year transfers of data were selected in the previous step:
10. Check the box next to the previous year’s Login Accounts that will be carried over to the new year’s program. Alternatively, click the Select All button.
11. Enter the Default Password these Login Accounts will use to access the program. The user will be prompted to change their password the first time they log into the program.
12. Click Next to continue.
13. Click Finish to start the newly installed program.
14. Enter the Administrator Login and Password that were previously created for this account in Step 4 above.