Electronic Filing Prepare and electronically file Forms 1099, 1098, 5498, and W-2G with the IRS the same way you electronically file annual income tax returns, by filing the returns using the Wolters Kluwer e-file servers. If you send test returns to Wolters Kluwer, use 11-1111111 as the Payer EIN. When Wolters Kluwer receives are turn with this EIN, it recognizes it as a test file. An e-file using any other EIN will be treated as a genuine return.
To Create E-files:
- Open a 1099, 1098, 5498, or W-2G return.
- On the E-file menu, click Create E-file.
- In the Create E-file box, select the checkbox for the federal return you plan to e-file.
- Click Create.
- Click OK.
To Transmit E-Files:
- Connect to the Internet
- Click the E-File Manager tab
- In the Filter panel, select the Created check box
- Mark the e-files you want to transmit
- On the E-file menu, click Transmit Marked E-files
- Click Close after you have successfully transmitted the e-files