Return This function allows you to restore Returns you previously stored using the Backup Returns function in the WIP Summary screen. While you should regularly use the Backup Returns function to protect data, the Restore Backup Returns function will only be needed when something has happened to your Return data.
To Restore Backup Returns:
- From the Opening Screen, click on UTILITY in the Menu Bar, drag the arrow down to RESTORE BACKUP RETURNS, and click once. The Backup File Contents window will open with a list of saved Returns, along with the Return Lookup Screen.
- If the Returns have been saved to a different Backup Path than the one setup as a default, hit the […] button to browse. If you use the Browse function, click OK to enter the proper Backup Path.
- Next to LIST RETURN, use the dropdown box and do the following:
- Click SHOW ALL to show all saved Returns (this will include copies of the same Return if the Return has been backed up more than once),
- Click SHOW MOST RECENT to show the most recently saved Returns (this will include only the most recently backed up copy of an individual Return), or
- Click SHOW RECENT OVER DIR to show the last complete list of saved Returns (this will include only copies of Returns that no longer exist in the current directory).
- Check the box next to the Returns you want to restore, or use the SELECT ALL button to choose all of the Returns, or use the CLEAR ALL button to clear those Returns you have already checked.
- Click RESTORE. If a Return being restored already exists in the current program data, you will be prompted whether you want the existing Return replaced.
- Click one of the following:
- YES to overwrite the existing Return with the saved Return (note that any changes made to the Return since the last Backup will be lost),
- NO to keep the existing Return, or
- ALL to overwrite all existing Returns with the saved Returns.
- Click OK on the window prompting you as to how many Returns were restored. The Return Lookup screen will show the restored Returns.
- Review the restored Returns, and click WIP to return to the main screen.