While downloading and installing software updates an error message may occur: Reason 22 = File Locked. This issue typically occurs when a file that is being updated is currently in use on the computer or on another network workstation.
To correct this error take these following steps:
- Make sure all other instances of UltimateDR, UltimateDR Documents, UltimateDR Scheduler, and Automatic Backups (uncheck Enabled box) on the network are closed.
- Try to get updates again by going to Tools > Update Manager > Manual Updates: Get Updates.
If this does not work, the following steps may be required:
- Ensure that UltimateDR is not running in the background by opening your Windows task manager (CTRL+Shift+Esc) and checking for any processes of Drake/UltimateDR listed.
- Turn off UltimateDR Reminders.
- Go to the UltimateDR Scheduler and click Setup > Appointment tab.
- Uncheck Use Reminders Set to.
- Click OK on the popup window and then OK again to save the changes.
- Exit Drake Scheduler.
- Go to Tools > Update Manager.
- Click Auto Update Settings.
- On the right side of the UltimateDR 20YY Update Manager window choose the radio button Off under Automatic Updates.
- Click Exit.
- Select Yes to exit the Update Manager.
- Exit UltimateDR on the workstation.
- Go to the drive where UltimateDR is installed (i.e. C:\).
- Right-click on the Drake folder and select Properties.
- At the bottom of the window under Attributes check to be sure that the Read-only box is NOT marked.
- If it is marked as read-only, remove the check mark and click OK. Make sure to Apply changes to this folder, sub-folders and files (if presented with a pop-up window Confirm Attribute Changes).
- Note: you may have to reboot the computer/server for the change to take effect.
If you continue to experience issues, please contact our Support line at (563) 387-8900.