While working in a Personal or Business Return, click on the function you need to use in the Toolbar. Note: some of the functions may only be available in the Personal Return. The action taken by the program will depend on your chosen function as follows:
ADD FORM – This function opens the All Forms and Schedules window to add Forms.
DELETE –This function deletes an existing form. Note that some forms cannot be deleted.
To delete an existing form:
- Open the Form you want to delete by double clicking on it in the Attached Forms screen.
- Click the DELETE button in the Toolbar. A window prompting you as to whether you want to delete the selected Form will appear.
- Click OK to delete the Form or CANCEL to cancel the action. The Form will no longer exist in the Return once it is deleted.
SAVE –This function saves the Return as it exists at a particular moment in time without exiting the Return.
REFRESH – This function refreshes the Attached Forms list to show any recent additions or deletions to the list.
BACK – This function scrolls up the Attached Forms list.
NEXT – This function scrolls down the Attached Forms list.
PRINT – This function prints a final copy of the Return.
VERIFY – This function begins the Verification process.
QUEUE – This function queues the Return for transmitting later with other Returns.
NOTES – This function allows you to create Preparer Notes for a particular Return.
To create, view, save, and delete Preparer Notes:
- Open the Return in which you want to use the Preparer Notes function.
- Click the NOTES button in the Toolbar. The Preparer Notes window will open.
- Click NEW to create a new note. The date will appear. Write your note in the empty screen at the bottom of the window and click SAVE. The new Note will now appear next to the date, and the note will be accessible from Preparer Notes under the General section of the Attached Forms screen.
- To delete a Note, click on the Note to highlight it in blue, and click DELETE. The Note will be deleted and you will not be prompted to make sure you want to delete the note.
- When you are finished with Preparer Notes in this Return, click CLOSE.
CALC – This function opens the Calculator.
To Use the Calculator:
- Use the mouse to click on the numbers and functions within the calculator, or use the numbers and functions on the keyboard to use the calculator.
- To insert a calculated number already being used in the Tax Return, place the cursor in the field, open the calculator, Click GET and the calculated number will appear in the display field for use.
- To insert a calculated number in a data field, place the cursor in the field, open the calculator, perform the calculation, and click Insert. The calculated number will appear in the field.
APPTS – (Personal Returns Only) This function allows you to view, add, and delete appointments from the Today’s Appointments function on the WIP screen.
To use the Today’s Appointments function from within the Return:
- Click on APPTS while in a Return. The abbreviated Client Appointments window will open.
- Click ADD to add an appointment. The larger Client Appointments screen will open.
- Click on the appointment to highlight it in blue, and click EDIT to edit an existing appointment. The larger Client Appointments screen will open.
- Click on the appointment to highlight it in blue, and click REMOVE to delete an existing appointment. The appointment will be removed without any prompting.
SEND TEXT– This function allows you to send a text message to the client of the open return.
QUICK – This function allows you to quickly check the status of a Return while you are working in a different Return. The Query Return Status Results window will open allowing you to quickly view information about the Return such as whether the IRS has acknowledged the Return, and if so, the current status, and whether a check for a RAC has been paid.
- To use the Quick Return Status function,
- Click on QUICK while in a Return. The Query Return Status window will open.
- Enter the SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER of the taxpayer or the EIN of the Business. The Query Return Status Results window will open. Click CLOSE when you are finished reviewing the information.
PAYMENTS –This function opens the Tax Return Payment Details window so that a payment for the tax return services can be made, or so the user can view the payment history.
CHAT – This function allows you to chat with Technical Support. The chat button is available throughout the program.
- To use the Chat function,
- Click on CHAT while in a Return. The Chat window will open.
- Enter Your Name, User ID and EFIN click the Start Chat button to initiate the chat session with technical support.
CLOSE –This function closes the Return. If you have made changes to the Return, you will be prompted as to whether you want to save the changes. If you have not made changes to the Return, the Return will close without prompting.