The program examines every field in the Return to determine whether there are errors that must be fixed before the Return is sent to the IRS. The Return should be verified even if the Return will be filed by mail.
To Verify the Return:
1. While in the Return you want to Verify, click Verify on the Toolbar.
2. If no Errors are found, the No Errors/Reject window will open. This window states that the Return has been verified successfully.
a. To Transmit the successfully Verified Return, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard, and hit the “T” on the keyboard at the same time. The Return will be queued to be Transmitted on the WIP.
b. To Print the successfully Verified Return, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and hit the “P” on the keyboard at the same time. The Print Final Return window will open allowing the return to be printed immediately, a PDF of the return will be generated, or the return will be queued to be Transmitted on the WIP depending on the configuration created during Setup.
c. To Transmit or Print at a later time, click OK. The Return will still be open.
3. If Errors have been found in the Return, the Return Errors and Rejects window will open. This window will open automatically on the VERIFY tab and the Verify Errors will be listed by PACKAGE, FORM, AND MESSAGE.
4. Click on an error to highlight it and correct the problem.
a. To view the Details of the Error, click the Details button.
b. To correct the Error, double click on the Error. The Form where the Error is occurring will open, and the Field where the Error is occurring will be highlighted. Fix the Error and press Enter on the keyboard. The Return Errors and Rejects screen will appear and the next error will be highlighted. Continue correcting all of the errors until the process is finished.
5. Click the VERIFY button to run the Verification process again. Continue to fix errors and run the Verification process until all of the Errors are fixed and the No Errors/Rejects window opens.