When you open and log in to UltimateDR for the first time, you are asked to enter your account number and serial number again. Then you must set up a password for the administrator (admin). This must be a “strong” password, meeting the requirements in the Password Requirements section of the window (red circle on the right side of the picture below).
- Double-click the UltimateDR icon from your desktop.
- When the Password setup window is opened, enter a “strong” password in the Password field.
- Confirm the password by entering it again in the Repeat password field.
Note that the Password requirements change from a red X to a green check mark as you complete the steps.
- Click Next to open the Security question window.
5. Select a security question and then type in an Answer. (Note that the answer is case sensitive.)
Each of the preparers and other personnel in your office requiring access to UltimateDR must also have a “strong” password to open the tax program.
Passwords “Aging Out”
- For added security, passwords will “age out” after 180 days, at which time preparers and ADMIN will have to enter new and different passwords.
Passwords “Timing Out”
- After 30 minutes of inactivity, the program will lock in place, requiring the preparer to re-enter his or her password. When the 30-minute “time out” limit is reached, the preparer will be offered the chance to stay logged in; otherwise, the preparer will be logged out (with a possible loss of data) and must type in his or her password before opening the program again.
NOTE This Online password recovery link is available only to users logged in as “ADMIN.” Non-administrative users must see their office administrators for password retrieval.