This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax software.
You receive the following error message when trying to open UltimateTax:
"The procedure entry point sqlite3.dll_prepare_v2 could not be located in the dynamic link library sqlite3.dll."
This error has been known to be caused by multiple factors. One of the most common factors has been malicious software ("malware") replacing the sqlite3.dll file with its own version.
Downloading the (free) Malwarebytes program and performing a quick scan before a control panel repair is completed have been known to fix this problem.
To install Malwarebytes and run a scan
- To download and install Malwarebytes, a free-to-use malware scan and removal tool, point your browser to: www.malwarebytes.org
- Once you are on the Malwarebytes home page, click Free Download.
- On the next page, click Download Now.
- After the download is complete, open or runs the downloaded file to install Malwarebytes.
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program, choose to Perform Quick Scan, and then click Scan. This system scan usually takes less than 15 minutes, but it may take longer in some cases.
- Once the scan is complete, check to see if there were any Objects detected. If so, Malwarebytes automatically quarantines these files. You can remove the files from your computer permanently by clicking Show Results, checking all boxes, and then click Remove Selected. (Note: You may need to reboot your computer after scanning.)
After your system has been cleaned up by Malwarebytes, you will then want to run a control panel repair following these steps:
- Make sure the program is closed on all computers.
- Navigate to the control panel of the computer by going to START MENU and selecting CONTROL PANEL.
- Right-click on ULTIMATETAX 2014 and choose REPAIR
- Let the repair process complete, you do not need to restart the computer.
- Try to open the program, the error should not persist.
If the error persists, please contact technical support at 563-387-8900.