NOTE: For the 2018 tax season and after, all versions of the UltimateTax software include all available states, no requesting of states is required.
The program comes with all states, but you need to request them to get them into your program.
To request states:
- Open your UltimateTax software
- Login as Admin
- Click on the Request-A-State button
- A browser window will open
- Fill out the form with your email address, EFIN and states needed and click SUBMIT.
After you submit the state request form, we process the states and release them to you. This process can take anywhere from 2-24hrs depending on our time of day requested as the state requests are only processed during business hours.
After the state is released to you, you will need to run your module updates from within the program to pull the state in.
To run module updates:
- Log into the UltimateTax program
- Go to Communications at the top of the window
- Choose Get Module Updates
- After communications session ends click YES to apply the module updates.
This information applies to 2017 and 2016 tax years. If you need modules and states prior to this, please see our Solution Center article here.