There is an area in the return list screen that can be edited to say what the return may be needing or what stage the return is in. The return status cannot be altered but the return stage area can be.
To edit this field:
1. Log in as Admin
2. Go to Tools on the main page of the program
3. Select Edit Tax Form Defaults. (Note: This can also be edited on the fly when in a return.)
4. Choose a package, example 1040 or 1120
5. Go to Return stage at the top of the return.
6. Click on Edit Return Stage Options
7. Click the text box under Add an item to the list and type in the desired return stage. Hit add to add the return stage to the list. You can add as many as you like.
8. Close the tax form defaults.
9. Open the return you are wanting to edit the return stage for and click on return stage.
10. Choose the return stage you want added to the return and select OK.
11. On the return list the return stage will appear.
This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax software.