This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax software.
You need to download the generic driver for this printer from http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/dl-generic2kxp.html. Download the Generic PCL Driver: WHQL Certified Enhanced Generic PCL Driver for Windows 2000/XP (only for HL-1440,HL-1450 and HL-1470N).
Save and run the file, and then add a new printer. When you come to the driver selection dialog, click the Have Disk... button and point it to the location where you extracted the drivers. You need to choose the PCL4 Driver.
This will now allow you to print reports using this printer.
In some cases, if the printer is configured to use the "BR-print" method instead of "Win-Print" (with RAW data format), the printer will not function correctly with Ultimate Tax. You can check and change this, if necessary, by doing the following:
- Select Start, Settings, Printers and Faxes
- Right-click the printer and select Properties
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click the Print Processor... button at the bottom
- Change the processor and data format if needed, then click OK