This can occur when there is a conflict between Ultimate Tax and a particular device driver. For the HP Laserjet 1100, change the printer driver to an HP LaserJet 4L or HP LaserJet 4 driver.
To change your printer driver
- Click the Windows Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click the appropriate printer, and then select Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click New Driver.
- In the Add Printer Driver Wizard window, click Next.
- In the Manufacturer list, select HP, and then in the Printer list, select HP LaserJet 4L or HP LaserJet 4.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- In the Driver drop-down list, select the driver you just installed, click Apply, and then click OK.
If you need to scan, choose Add a printer (select the HP LaserJet 4L or LaserJet 4 driver), then set that printer as the default. You can change back to the original driver quickly by navigating to the Printers folder rather than having to change drivers again.
This information applies to all years of the UltimateTax software.