NOTE: This option is available online for the current tax year!
In the case of a 1040 return needing to be done offline in the desktop software, be it a loss in internet connection or other reasons, you can transfer the return from desktop to online in order to e-File.
In order to send returns from desktop to online:
- Run diagnostics on the return, there will be a Mark to Transfer option next to E-file that will be grayed out.
- Once clicked, you will see a message appear stating: Return has been marked for transfer to TaxWise Online.
- Next, we will need to actually send the return. To do this, select the Communications dropdown, and select the first option: Transfer to TaxWise Online. This will open a window to select the return(s) you wish to upload along with start a communication session that will transmit the return(s).
- Once the transmission is successful, you can close the window. Next, we will be moving to the Online software to import the returns we just uploaded.
- In order to import returns into Online, you will need to sign into the Admin account.
- Once signed into the Admin account, navigate to Tax Returns>View More Actions>Import Returns.
- A fly out window will show with the returns that were imported from the desktop software. You will need to select the returns along with a user to assign them to in the top right corner as the cannot be assigned to the Admin user.
- Once all this is completed, you will now see the return in your Online Return List along with all others.